Narendra Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat for 13 years and has been the Prime Minister of the country for the last seven years. In this way, he is completing 20 years while holding the responsibility of the constitutional post. Narendra Damodar Das Modi, 71, was born on September 17 1950, in Vadnagar, Mehsana district of Gujarat.
Unmatched 20 decisions of Modi:
1) During the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Narendra Modi had raised the issue of black money vigorously while being a contender for the post of Prime Minister. After the formation of the government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi suddenly announced the closure of 500 and 1000 rupee notes at 8 pm on November 8, 2016.
2) PM Modi said that with this, the problem of black money would end to a great extent. One side opposed this decision of PM Modi, and the other openly supported it. Earlier notes were banned in 1946 and 1978 as well. However, the government notified and withdrawn all 1000, 5000 and 10,000 notes from the people. According to the Reserve Bank of India report, 16 thousand crore rupees did not come back after demonetisation. These were 500 and 1000 rupee notes.
3) It is September 18 2016. Terrorists attacked the headquarters of the Indian Army in the Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir at around 5.30 am. In this, 19 soldiers were martyred, while over 30 soldiers were injured. Four terrorists were also killed in retaliatory firing. After this, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a high-level committee meeting and decided to avenge this attack. Modi had tweeted and said that those involved in this attack would get the necessary punishment. After this, on September 28, 2016, the Indian Army conducted a surgical strike on terrorist hideouts in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. At midnight, i.e. 12 o'clock, 150 commandos landed near the LoC through MI 17 helicopters. From here, the Para 25 commandos crossed the LoC and, after walking for three kilometres, carried out the surgical strike on the hideouts of the terrorists.
4) Terrorists attacked a CRPF convoy in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama on February 14, 2019. In this, 40 Indian soldiers were martyred. One terrorist was also killed. After the attack, there was sorrow and anger in the whole country. Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a meeting with the chiefs of the three services. In this, he decided to answer the terrorists and immediately issued the order. After this, on February 26, 2019, the Indian Air Force carried out an airstrike in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. In this, 300-400 terrorists were killed. Many countries of the world gave their support for this move of India.
5) The historic decision was taken on Jammu and Kashmir: The fourth shocking decision was to remove Article 370 from Kashmir. On August 5, 2019, Home Minister Amit Shah told in the Rajya Sabha that President Ram Nath Kovind had abolished Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir. During this, the formation of two separate union territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh was also announced. This entire process was carried out under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Because of the possibility of violence and uproar, many leaders and separatists of Jammu and Kashmir were taken into custody. The government imposed a curfew in the entire Jammu and Kashmir. This decision of PM Modi was discussed all over the world.
6) New law for Muslim women:
On August 22, 2017, the Supreme Court declared triple talaq illegal. After this, the government introduced the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill 2017 in the Lok Sabha on December 28, 2017. After being passed, it could not be sent to the Rajya Sabha. In 2018, the government implemented it through an ordinance. The ordinance was brought for the second time in 2019. In the same year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government introduced the bill in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. After getting approval from both places, President Ram Nath Kovind issued a notification to implement the new law. This decision to get rid of triple talaq to Muslim women got the support of many people, while some people also opposed it.
7) Laws for minorities living in neighbouring countries:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi once again surprised everyone after the government was formed again in 2019. During this, he introduced the Citizenship Amendment Act, i.e. CAA, in the Parliament in the country. Under the Citizenship Amendment Act, minorities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan got the right of citizenship in India. The Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Parsis and Christians of these countries who were forced to live the life of refugees for years got the right to acquire citizenship of India. There was a lot of opposition to this decision of PM Modi. Violence broke out in Delhi, in which more than 50 people were killed. There was agitation for a long time, but the government did not withdraw this decision.
8) Ended 41 years of dispute with Bangladesh:
In June 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ended the 41-year-old border dispute with Bangladesh. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Narendra Modi signed the Land Boundary Agreement. Under the agreement, India got about 7 thousand acres of land, and Bangladesh got about 17 thousand acres. Bangladesh got 111 villages of India, and 51 villages of Bangladesh were given to India.
9) Start of Swachh Bharat Mission:
After the formation of the government for the first time in 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan on Gandhi Jayanti. Beginning this, PM Modi requested people to keep cleanliness around them. Later, the government also implemented the cleanliness tax, i.e. cess. This campaign of PM Modi also showed a broad impact. The government also started competitions at the district level for cleanliness.
10) Connected the country with Jan Dhan Yojana:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Jan Dhan Yojana on August 15, 2014. According to this, every citizen of the country had to open a bank account with zero balance. Banking facilities were provided to all.
1.5 crore bank accounts were opened on the day of the inauguration of the scheme. After the opening of the bank account, the subsidy was sent directly to the beneficiaries of all the schemes of the government. Apart from this, people were provided with the facility of accident insurance cover up to one lakh rupees. So far, over 20 crore Jan Dhan bank accounts are operational.
11) International Yoga Day:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the United Nations General Assembly for the first time on September 27, 2014. From the global stage, he made yoga necessary for the better health of people around the world and demanded International Yoga Day. After this, every year, June 21 is celebrated as International Yoga Day all over the world.
12) Launched Ujjwala scheme to provide free LPG connections:
Prime Minister Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana on May 1 2016. This was an ambitious plan of the Prime Minister. Under this, free domestic gas connections were given to the families living below the poverty line. So far, over ten crore families have been given its benefit. The Prime Minister has recently launched Ujjwala Yojana 2.0.
13) The facility of free treatment from the Ayushman Bharat Scheme:
To provide good health facilities to the country's poor citizens, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced the Ayushman Bharat scheme on September 23, 2018. Under this, low-income families provide health insurance up to Rs 5 lakh from the government. A card is made for all the beneficiaries, through which they can get treatment up to Rs 5 lakh at any hospital free of cost. Under this scheme, the government has included many governments and private hospitals where the beneficiary can get free treatment.
14) Pradhan Mantri Gramin and Urban Housing Scheme launched:
In 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban and Rural). The objective of this scheme was to provide pucca houses to all the lower classes, backward classes, economically weaker sections, and middle-class people. A target has been set to provide housing to two crore people by March 31, 2022.
15) PM Modi dedicates 35 PSA oxygen plants to the nation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday dedicated 35 Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) Oxygen Plants established under PM CARES across 35 states and Union Territories (UTs) at AIIMS Rishikesh.
According to the PMO, with the inception of these 35 PSA oxygen plants, all country districts will now have commissioned PSA oxygen plants. Till now, 1,224 PSA oxygen plants have been funded under PM CARES all across the country, out of which more than 1,100 plants have been commissioned, providing an output of over 1,750 MT oxygen per day.
16) Implemented National Education Policy:
After 1986, for the first time in the country, under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the government issued a new education policy. It was announced on July 29 2020. Under this, a target has been set to achieve a 100% Gross Enrollment Ratio in the country by 2030. Apart from this, he also changed the Ministry of Human Resource Development name to the Ministry of Education. Emphasis was laid on imparting education up to class V in the local and mother tongue.
17) Vibrant Gujarat Summit inaugurated:
To increase investment in Gujarat, Narendra Modi started the Vibrant Gujarat Summit in 2003. Then Gujarat was the only state in the country where investment was increased through such a program. It got a lot of benefits. Since then, this program started being organised in Gandhinagar every two years. In this, many prominent business people of the country and abroad are involved and make agreements with the government for investment in the state. According to a report, business people from the country and abroad made a capital investment of $12.36 billion in Gujarat in 2015. This was six times more than in 2014. Between 2013 and 2017, investments worth about Rs 86 lakh crore were made.
18) Enforcement of Religious Freedom Act:
In 2003, after the Godhra incident and communal riots in 2002, Modi implemented the Gujarat Freedom of Religion Act 2003 in the state. According to this, forcible conversion, conversion by greed or deceit, became a crime. Now, in this, the conversion of religion in the name of marriage has also been made in the category of crime.
Changes made in Gujarat's education system.
While being the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Narendra Modi's focus was on the education system. Then he made a significant change in the education system of Gujarat and implemented the semester system in the 9th, 11th and 12th science groups. In primary school, the focus was on speaking, singing, and writing. Separate classes used to be held for children to have good values. The courses are also prescribed accordingly.
19) CCTV installed in government offices for transparency:
Narendra Modi, while being the Chief Minister of Gujarat, started strict monitoring of government offices. This happened for the first time in the country when CCTVs were installed in government offices of a state. Apart from this, Modi also installed CCTV cameras in public places and susceptible places. It aimed to bring transparency to government work.
Recruitment and transfer process
20) Agriculture Festival inaugurated:
To connect the state farmers with better technology and new research, Narendra Modi started the Krishi Mahotsav in Gujarat. In this, farmers from all over the state were called, introduced to the farmers and new techniques related to agriculture. In the same festival, Modi also started giving grants to the farmers on the spot.
Download Organiser Mobile App:
Mobile App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
Visit Us At:
Follow us on:
Background Music Credits: https://www.bensound.com
Human relations are not static. They have their own dynamics—evolving around specific times and circumstance. Relations between states follow this basic pattern only . Middle East observers say the growing bonhomie between Arabs and Jews today offers yet another manifestation of this truth in international relations . Last year, burying their past animosities with Israel, the United Arab Emirates , Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco formalised their relations with the Jewish s ...