RAKSHA MANTRI REVIEWS EFFORTS OF MOD, ARMED FORCES, DRDO ETC IN FIGHTING SECOND COVID-19 WAVE
Total Views |
On May 17, 2021, Raksha Mantri reviewed the efforts of MoD, the three services, DRDO and other Defence organisations in assisting civil administration to tackle the current Covid-19 situation. He was apprised the following:
- Hospitals set up at Delhi, Lucknow, Varanasi, Ahmedabad and Patna were functional. Similar facilities being set up at Rishikesh, Haldwani, Jammu and Srinagar.
- Five PSA oxygen plants been completed and work is in progress to set up 150-175 by end of this month.
- Excellent coordination among 3 Services in providing assistance to civil administration.
- Army has set up health facilities in remote areas.
- Military hospitals at identified locations have set aside beds for treatment of civilian COVID patients. Capabilities at Base Hospital in Delhi are being ramped up.
- Indian Naval Ships continue to provide logistic support in transporting medical equipment from abroad.
- IAF completed 990 sorties both within the country and abroad in various missions to transport oxygen containers and other health equipment.
- 800 doctors mobilised to meet shortage of health professionals.
- HAL setting up a 250-bed hospital each in Lucknow and Bengaluru.
- Raksha Mantri praised the contribution of DRDO in developing the 2-DG medicine for the treatment of COVID patients and directed all to continue with their regular work despite Covid-19 challenges.