Legal Rights Protection Forum (LPRF) has filed a complaint at the Ministry of Home Affairs seeking cancellation of the FCRA License of Indian Medical Association for violating section 12(4)(f)(vi) of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010.
The complaint says, “Indian Medical Association (IMA) is a registered society bearing registration no. 35 dated 17-05-1934 having its headquarters at IMA House, Indra Prastha Marg, New Delhi – 110002. The said organization is widely regarded as Guild of Indian Medical Practitioners in India is represented by its President Dr John Rose Austin Jayalal, National President and Chief Functionary of the society.
“It has come to the notice of larger public of the nation that Dr John Rose Austin Jayalal, the President of ‘Indian Medical Association’ Society is abusing his position and profession to convert to Christianity, young doctors and anyone who comes into contact with him in the course of the discharge of his duties as National President of IMA”, it added.
LRPF has red-flagged two interviews of Dr John Rose Austin Jayalal, given to Haggai International and Christian today respectively.
In the complaint LRPO lists out the following controversial comment made by Dr Jayalal which shows his intention to use his position for evangelical activities:
1. Hindu Nationalist government wants to destroy modern medicine.
2. Government has not come forward to support COVID victims/lockdown difficulties but Church has taken care of that.
3. They want to make it one nation, one system of medicine. Next, they will want to make it one religion. This is also based on the Sanskrit language, which is always traditionally based on the Hindu principles. This is an indirect way for the government to introduce the language of Sanskrit and the language of Hindutva into the minds of the people.
4. Organised hunger strike, fasting protest and fighting in Supreme Court against non-allopathic systems of medicine.
5. Christian doctors should be physical healing as well as spiritual healing.
6. We need more Christian doctors to work more in secular institutions, mission institutions, and medical colleges.
7. I am working as a professor of surgery in a medical college, so it is also a good opportunity for me to carry on the principles of Christian healing there. I also have the privilege of mentoring graduates and the interns
8. Hindus are softcore, practice polytheisim and hence easy to make them accept Jesus.
9. The opportunity in front of every Christian is splendid. It is not solely the responsibility of the pastor.
He also said that “This virus has created a fear and understanding among the public that there is Someone more powerful than all of what we have. When leprosy, cholera, and other pandemics devastated the world, it was Christian doctors and churches who stood against it, showing Christian compassion. And the urgent need of the proclamation of the Gospel to people who are suffering from the virus has allowed us to share the Gospel even in secular institutions.”
In the complaint, LRPF also requests the home ministry to ‘initiate criminal proceedings against Mr. John Rose Austin Jaylal for criminal misuse of official position and breach of trust.’