The Hindu published a news report Sunday claiming a minor face-off took place in the Galwan valley in the first week of May between Indian and Chinese troops.
The Indian Army immediately rubbished the report.
It said “NO such minor face-off has taken place between Indian and Chinese troops at #Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh in the first week of May 2021 as reported” and “the article seems to be inspired by sources who may be trying to derail the ongoing process for early resolution of issues in Eastern Ladakh.”
It also requested the media personnel to clarify actual versions before publishing reports. In a tweet, it said “#Media professionals are requested to clarify actual versions/positions on incidents involving the Indian Army from authorised sources in the #IndianArmy and not base reports on un-corroborated inputs from third parties.”
The Indian Army put out a series of four tweets.
In June last year, 20 Indian soldiers were martyred in clashes with the Chinese troops in the Galwan valley.
China initially denied it had lost soldiers but eventually it emerged they had suffered casualties too.
Since then, the process of de-escalation has been going on. Both sides mutually agreed to maintain the status quo of the pre-incident days.