Malayalam film actor Mohanlal backed ViswaSanthi Foundation has come forward to contribute essential infrastructure support to Kerala’s healthcare system to sustain its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Foundation provided 3-fold support - 200+ beds with oxygen support, 10 ICU beds with ventilator systems as well as portable X-ray machines - to various hospitals in Kerala. Viswasanthi also provided support for the installation of Oxygen Pipeline to two wards and Triage ward of Kalamassery Medical College.
Government, Co-operative, and private hospitals will benefit from the contribution of the ViswaSanthi foundation.
Viswasanthi Foundation is executing this 1.5 crore project in association with EY GDS and UST.
Beneficiary Hospitals in Kerala:
1. Govt. Medical College - Kalamassery,
2. Indira Gandhi Co-operative Hospital,
3. Lakshmi Hospitals, Ernakulam and Aluva
4. SP Fort Hospital, Thiruvanthapuram
5. Sudhindra Medical Mission, Ernakulam
6. Attukal Devi Trust Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram.
7. Krishna Hospital, Ernakulam
8. Bharath Hospital, Kottayam
9.Saraf Hospital, Ernakulam
10. Sevana Hospital, Palakkad
11. Lords Hospital, Thiruvanthapuram
12. Lakeshore Hospital, Ernakulam
13. Govt. Taluk Hospital, Pattambi
Mohanlal through a Facebook post has informed that the foundation is planning to extend similar support to several cities across the country where medical facilities are stretched beyond limits. He also added that the Discussions were underway to make this happen as soon as possible.