Under the guidelines of Unlock 4.0 by MHA, the schools would be allowed to open for 50 per cent staff for teaching and non-teaching staff. Students from classes 9th to 12th will be allowed to go to school to take guidance from teachers. However, that will be entirely their own choice. For this, parents/guardians have to give written consent.
MoHFw has further stated that schools must ensure that online classes and virtual sessions continue through the period and are encouraged.
- Only schools outside containment zones will reopen, and only those staff members and students, who live outside containment zones, will be allowed to attend the schools.
- Physical distancing is mandatory to maintain, frequent hand washing and self-monitoring of health, reporting of any illness to be followed.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves the strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly - Spitting to be strictly prohibited.
- Installation & use of Aarogya Setu app may be advised and encouraged wherever feasible.
- For air-conditioning/ventilation, the guidelines of CPWD shall be followed which emphasises that the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30o C, relative humidity should be in the range of 40-70%, intake of fresh air should be as much as possible and cross ventilation should be adequate.
- Before resumption of activities, all work areas intended for teaching/demonstrations etc., including laboratories, other common utility areas shall be sanitised with 1% sodium hypochlorite solution, with particular attention to frequently touched surfaces.
- Assemblies, sports and events, which can lead to overcrowding, are strictly prohibited in the schools that are opting to start operations.
- Mandatory hand hygiene (sanitiser dispenser) and thermal screening provisions to be made at the entrance. Schools also advised providing multiple gates/separate gates for entry and exit – if feasible. Strict regulation of visitors to the school has to be maintained and followed.
- Symptomatic persons – teachers/ staff/ students would not be allowed inside the schools and would be referred to the nearest health centre.
- At all times, the teachers and students shall maintain a physical distancing of 6 feet apart, wherever feasible. Scheduling of activities and seating plan shall be made accordingly.
- Weather permitting, outdoor spaces may be utilised for conducting teacher student interactions, keeping in view the safety and security of students and physical distancing protocols.
- Schools that were used as quarantine centres will be adequately sanitised and deep cleaned before partial functioning is resumed. Guidelines issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for disinfection of familiar public places including offices, may be referred to in this regard.
- The school should display State helpline numbers and also numbers of local health authorities to teachers /students/employees to contact in case of any emergency.
- Posters/standees on preventive measures about COVID-19 to be displayed prominently.
- Proper crowd management in the parking lots, in corridors and elevators – duly following physical distancing norms shall be organised.
- The entry of visitors should be strictly regulated/restricted.
Click on the link to read the full details: