Hanumad Janmabhoomi Trust on the lines of Ramjanmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra Trust in Ayodhya set up in Hampi in Karnataka
The Shri Hanumad Janmabhoomi Trust has been established in Karnataka's 'Kishkinda' Pampa-kshetra (Hampi) which will strive for the overall development of the Kshetra.
- Srinivas Rao BV
The Hanumad Janmabhoomi Trust will work under the leadership of Govindananda Saraswati Swamy of Pampakshetra (Hampi)
In a notable development, the Shri Hanumad Janmabhoomi Trust has been established in Karnataka's 'Kishkinda' Pampa-kshetra soon after the official formation of the Shri Ramjanmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra Trust in Ayodhya for the construction of a grand Ram temple. It can be recalled that Senior Lawyer T Parasaran who argued on behalf of Ram Lalla in the Supreme Court was appointed as the Chairman of Shri Ramjanmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra Trust.
Further, keeping the goal of development of Kishkinda Kshetra on the lines of Ayodhya Kshetra, the Trust will work under the guidance of Jagadguru Shankaracharya of the Jyotishpeetha Dwarka Peeta who was also one of the main applicant in the Ramjanmabhoomi case. Sri Hanumad Janma Bhoomi Tirtha Kshetra Trust has been set up under the leadership of Govindananda Saraswati Swamy of Pampakshetra in Hampi.
In a press release, Govindananda Saraswati Swami Ji said, "The Trust's objective is to develop the entire Pampa Kashetra (Hampi) 'Kishkindapuri' which is the birthplace of Lord Rama's devotee Hanumantha in Karnataka, on the lines of the model instituted in Ayodhya."
Composition and Activities of the Trust
Jagadguru Shankaracharya of the Jyotishpeetha Dwarka Peeta performs pooja to the 'Sita Rama Lakshman with Hanuman' idol at Pampa-Kshetra
The Hanumad Janmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra Trust will mainly consist of Jagadguru Shankaracharya of Chaturamnaya Peetha, Sandhu and Sants of Ramanujacharya, Madhvacharya and other Akhadas, as well as prominent Acharyas of other traditional Vedic institutions. It will also have a 20-member board. Each state will have a service period of 3 years. A council of 10 members will be constituted in each state locally, and there will be ample opportunities for all devotees in the country.
Even before the Trust was officially established, under the leadership of Govindananda Saraswati Swamy, protection and development programs have been carried out for over 15 years to convert ruined old Hampi into a grand, splendid Hampi. After the old Hampi was cleared in 2013, the same year 'Bhoomi Pooja' and foundation for a 'New Hampi' village was laid as per the wishes of the villagers themselves. Events like Vijayadashami, Laksha Deepotsava, "Swarnahampi Dussera" of Pampakshetra (Hampi) and many other celebrations are being conducted by the trust. The Vedavyasa-Ashram Gurukula which was established by Veda Vyasa himself has been restarted in Hampi.
In 2019, Srirama Sriyantra was installed in Ayodhya under the leadership of Govindananda Saraswati Swamy. Idols of Sriram, Sita, Lakshman with Hanuman have been dedicated to the to be constructed Ram Mandir on behalf of Pampa-Kshetra Kishkinda (Hampi). Through these measures the age old link between Ayodhya and Kishkinda-Kshetra has been re-established as the preparations to build the Ram Manir in Ayodhya have began.
The Hanumad Janmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra trust has planned to construct and organise several events in the coming years. They are:
- Construction of 'Statue of Devotion', which will be the tallest statue of Sri Hanuman in the world, built in an area of 10 acres
- Celebration of Ram Navami, Ram Mahasamrajya Pattabhisheka, Hanumad Jayanti, and Hanumad Vijayotsava
- Construction of “Bhakti Mandir” dedicated to Bhakta Hanuman in Kishkinda in a area of 10 acres
- Construction of “Bhagavat Prasad” bhavan which will serve food to devoteess daily
- Construction of 'Bhakti Nivasa' - residential building with 108 rooms for devotees who visit the Kshetra
- Construction of 'Bhagavad Bhakti Vaibhava' - A large auditorium
- Organise Ayodhya- Kishkindha Yatra every year
- Establishment of Sri Ramayana Gurukula
The 'Sita Rama Lakshman with Hanuman' idol which will be presented to the to-be constructed Ram Temple in Ayodhya on behalf of Pampa-Kshetra Kishkinda (Hampi)
The trust is also conducting various activities in 2020. Some of them are below:
- Maha Shivaratri
- Hanumad Jayanti, Hanumad Vijayotsava and inviting 108 Sadhu-Sants from Ayodhya
- Visit to Ayodhya from Pampa Kshetra
- Organise Shri Sitaram Kalyana and Maha Samrajya Pattabhisheka in Ayodhya during Ram Navami this year which will be a historical first
- Organise various events through Hanumad Janmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra Trust in different areas of the country for 3 years
- Organise “Vijaya Dashami and Dasara' celebrations at Pampa Kshetra, Hampi as being done every year under the guidance of Govindananda Saraswati Swamiji
The trust has also planned to visit Ayodhya from Pampa-Kshetra 'Kishkindha' and organise Deepavali Mahotsava, Pushpa Yaga to the 'Sita Rama Lakshman with Hanuman' idol, Ayodhya Panchakosha Parikrama, Maha Samrajaya Pattabhisheka, and many other festivities and Dharmic programs.
(The author writes for Kannada Prabha and other reputed dailies)