Budget 2019: Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh welcomes “Sasan Mala”, chain of innovative proposals in Budget; wants Govt to discuss certain proposals with Trade Unions
"Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS) welcomes the “Sasan mala” or Chain of innovative governance mentioned in the Budget like Bharatmala, Jal Marg Vikas, UDAN schemes, 'One nation- One grid’, GST, 'Study in India', Mudra credit support, Self Help Group women loan, encouraging EVs, Common mobility (transport) card, lowest external debt, fishing sector reforms, traditional industrial clusters, farmer supports and many others," said C.K.Saji Narayanan, President, BMS.
"It is also a welcome announcement in the budget that FDI policy will be consulted with stakeholders. Being a supplementary or incremental budget, there is little scope for much new proposal. Most of the Budget proposals are already declared ones," BMS national president said in a statement.
"The Budget makes only a mention about labour codes. Already Govt. has assured that the spirit of synergy will be displayed while pushing forward the labour codes by consulting with Trade Unions and considering workers’ concerns," he added.
There are certain proposals mentioned in the Budget which needs to be discussed with Trade Unions as representing the major stakeholders affected before being implemented, said Adv Saji Narayanan.
Mainly they are:
1. FDI policy and the plus and minus of its impact on the economy.
2. PPP and Disinvestment plans on Public Sector Enterprises.
3. Proposals with the new Department of Fisheries sector which may affect the fish workers in the value chain.
4. Consolidation of PSU banks.
5. “One nation one grid” and its impact on the concerned power sectors.
6. Sagarmala plan and its impact.
7. Recurrent increase in petrol or diesel price, said Shri Saji Narayanan.