The law and order in Karnataka has never been at a low as it is today. Apart from increased attacks on women, dalits and children, Hindu activists have been under relentless attacks by the Jihadi forces who seem to have a free run under Siddaramaiah. Under this regime, Bengaluru was ranked as No.2 in terms of crimes rates in the country. Karnataka as a state ranks among the top in crimes. From communal riots, breakdown of law & order on several occasions, dacoity, murders, the state has gone from bad to wrose in the last 5 years. Murder of RSS Swayamsevaks and BJP activists were handled with utter disregard and even brushed off as propaganda. Home Minister Ramalinga Reddy in a recent press conference claimed that only 12 Hindu activists have been murder by PFI/SDPI and not 20 plus as claimed by BJP. It is sad that the home minister of a state talks as if the murder of 12 Hindu activists is a norm.
Here is a list of few RSS Swayamsevaks and BJP activists who were victims of Jihadi attacks in Karnataka in last five years.
On February 19, 2015 Sri Vishwanath (32), was hacked to death by a mob of Popular Front of India (PFI) activists, who had suddenly indulged in violence in Shivamogga city, which saw one death, several injuries and massive damage of public properties. According to the police, the three men who were riding the same bike, were stabbed by Popular Front of India (PFI) activists. While the bike rider, Vishwanathan, died, the other two — his two pillion riders — received grave injuries.
2.Sri Prashant Poojary:
On October 9, 2015 Sri Prashant Poojary, RSS Swayamsevak and a youth activist of Bajrangadal, who actively participated in a campaign that led to the closure of a slaughter house in the Moodabidri region of Dakshina Kannada was hacked to death. Prashant Poojary, a 29-year-old flower vendor was keen on Gou-Samrakshan activities. Murder took place at 07.00 am
3.Sri Kuttappa :
On November 10, 2015 Sri DS Kuttappa, RSS Swayamsevak and Vishwa Hindu Parishad’s organising secretary for Kodagu district, who was protesting against #TippuJayanti celebrations was brutally attacked and hacked to death by a group of miscreants. 67 year old DS Kuttappa was a retired state government employee, retired from Horticulture department. He was socially active, was serving as secretary for VHP Kodagu district. Murder took place at around 11.30am.
4.Sri Harish, Bantwala:
Harish was killed at BC Road near Mangaluru after violence erupted in the town. He was stabbed by Jihadi elements on Nov 12th, 2015 after protests against Tipu Jayanti by the Siddaramaiah govt. Was organized across the state.
5.Sri Raju, Madikeri:
A resident of Kannadabane, he was killed after the protests against Tipu Jayanti near Madikeri on Nov 11, 2015. Raju, a Hindu activist was part of the protests in Madikeri and PFI activists were said to be behind his murder.
6.Sri Tippesh, Tiptur:
BJP Activist Tippesh was bludgeoned to death at the foot of Revanasiddeshwara Hill near H Muddenahalli Tanda near Tiptur in the district on Nov 11, 2016. With no political reasons attributed to the murder, Jihadi elements in the taluk have been suspected for his death.
7.Charan Poojary, Mangaluru:
Charan, a Bajrang Dal activist, was murdered by a gang on August 19, 2016 at Vamanjur in Mangaluru. The arrested include Muhammed Rizwan (28), a resident of Moodushedde Shivanagara, Muhammed Raheef (19) from Vamanjur Kelarai Kody, Muhammed Shah Rukh (20), a resident of Moodushedde, Muhammed Mustafa (19) , also from Moodushedde, and Nawaz (23) from Gurpur.
8.Sri Raju Kyathemaranahalli:
On March 13, 2016 Sunday Sri Kyathemaranahalli Raju (37), who also happened to be a BJP leader, was brutally hacked to death in Mysur. Raju was standing near a tea stall at Udayagiri extension when a gang of four to five attacked him with lethal weapons. 37 year old Raju had stopped the illegal construction of a masjid in Kyatamaranahalli and was the main driving force behind building a Ganesh temple. He had united and organised the Hindus of Udayagiri, NR Mohalla and Kytharamanahalli, which is said to have led to his murder.
9.Sri Praveen Poojari:
On midnight of August 14, 2016 RSS Swayamsevak, Sri Praveen Poojary was hacked to death on Sunday night in Kushalnagar town, Kodagu (Coorg) district of Karnataka.Praveen Poojary, 32years was an autorickshaw driver, was returning after attending Akhand Bharat Sankalp Diwas. Murder took place at 12.30am.
On October 16, 2016 RSS Swayamsevak Rudresh 42 years, was hacked to death in an brutal attack at Shivajinagar in Bengaluru on Sunday noon. Rudresh was returning after attending RSS Path Sanchalan held on Sunday morning in new ganavesh. He was murdered being in RSS Ganavesh. He was serving as President of Shivajinagar Mandala of Bharatiya Janata Party. Murder took place at around 11.30am.
11.Sri Magali Ravi:
On November 05, 2016 BJP youth leader Magali Ravi was killed in Magali near Piriyapattana of Mysuru. He was returning after finishing a Peace0meeting called by the Local police in connection with Tippu Jayanti Celebrations. He was killed while he was on his way to his native house.
12.Sri Yogesh Goudar:
On June 16, 2016 Yogesh Goudar, BJP Hebballi Zilla Panchayat Member of Dharwad was brutally killed in front of his Gym at Saptapur, Dharawad.
13. Sri Srinivas Prasad, Popularly called Kithaganahalli Vasu:
On March 14, 2017 Vasu was killed near his house at Anekal, Bengaluru. He was a noted BJP functionary and a Dalit leader.
14.Sri Harish, Bengaluru:
A BJP youth wing leader Sri Harish was hacked to death by a gang on the outskirts of Bengaluru on June 01, 2017. Harish, 40, was killed days after he was made vice-president of the party"s SC/ST Yuva Morcha.
15.Sri Bandi Ramesh Bellary:
A local Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sri Bandi Ramesh was hacked to death in Karnataka’s Ballari on June 23rd, 2017 night by unidentified persons at a roadside eatery. Ramesh, who was vice-president of BJP’s district ST Morcha, was attacked with lethal weapons by the assailants.
16.Sri Sharath Madiwala, Mangaluru:
RSS Sajipa Mandala Former Seva Pramukh Sri Sarath Madivala, 28, a resident of Kandur near Bantwal, died in Mangaluru Hospital on July 7, 2017, three days after he was brutally attacked on July 4, 2017.
17.Paresh Mesta, Honnavar:
The young boy was murdered by Jihadi elements in Honnavar on December 13, 2017. The town was under siege by Jihadi forces who indulged in stone pelting and arson of Hindu shops. Paresh Mesta was caught and brutalized before being murdered in the most gruesome way and his body was thrown in a water tank.
18.Sri Deepak Rao, Suratkal:
30 year old Deepak Rao was hacked to death on January 3rd, 2018 at Katipalla near Suratkal. The police arrested 10 persons related to the murder. Many of those arrested who were volunteers for the PFI.
Apart from these cases of murders, there were several cases of physical assault on RSS Swayamsevaks across Karnataka. Few examples from Bengaluru and Mangaluru.
- On August 14, 2014 RSS Jalahalli Nagar Ghosh Pramukh Sri Phanindra was brutally attacked at Jalahalli Bengaluru. He was on his way to RSS Shakha in the morning.
- On Kuly 12, 2013 RSS Halasur Nagar Karyavah Sri Anjaneyalu, Sri Rahul Ramaswamy, Sri Krishna Hatwar, Sri Sadashiva, Sri Prashanth and few other swayamsevaks of Hebbal Bengaluru were attacked by a mob at Islampura of Bengaluru as they were trying to stop a vehicle which was carrying cows illegally.
- On June 11, 2016 RSS Chikkapet Nagar Sharirik Pramukh Sri Ramesh Vaishnav, 38years, attacked by miscreants while going for RSS Shakha near Majestic, Bengaluru. As his routine, Ramesh was going for morning RSS Shakha (Amar Prabhath Shaksha) near Chikkapet of Majestic, Bengaluru City.
- Immediately the day after the elections in 2013 in Karnataka and Siddaramaih assumed office of the CM, Sri Mayya a priest in a temple residing at Uchila, of the Talapady Gram panchayat of Mangaluru Taluk had a shock in the morning. The cow and the calf which were in his cow shed legs were amputated and was thrown in the area where he has the holy Tulasi plant. A tense situation was in Ullala then. 4 years now the culprits are not caught.
- Few days later, At the Mogaveerapattana of Ullala stones were hurled on Hindus in the night. This happened for few days. Finally we could catch hold of them. We submitted a police complaint no action was taken but they worked at the behest of the minister of the minister incharge. There were false cases filed against those who had complained against those who hurled stones. Later it was observed that at Ullala kodi, Shochepura, some Muslim youth were carrying Talwar, swords and kept attacking people from Mogaveera community. Yet no action from the police was taken. Later Swamijis of various mutts including Pejawara Shri Swamiji conducted some peace making meetings and expressing solidarity towards the families who were affected.
- A gory incident happened in Ullala Bastipaduvu. Social worker Taranath Yadav was asleep with his wife and children at his house. The miscreants attacked his house using petrol bombs and they were burnt alive. Though this has been a serious case, no resolution yet.
- In the police station limits of Konaje’s Deralakatte innocent girl student was abducted by 12 Muslim fanatics and tried to convert her to Islam. Later she was raped. This case was taken up by national media. But the minister involved has helped those Muslim fanatics escape.
- At Konaje Police station limits of Harekala, RSS Shakha was ongoing and swayamsevaks were threatened by Muslim youth who came there with Talwar, machetes
- Hundreds of cases of illegal cow trafficking in Ullala police station limits have been neglected. There are cases of selling drugs like ganja which has reached its peak. But this seems not to be a priority to the district administration or the government.
- RSS Karyalaya at Hasan district, ABVP Karyalaya in Bengaluru were attacked on few occasions.